Series: The Sweet Trilogy Book Two
Author: Wendy Higgins
Publication Date: April 30, 2013
Rating: 3.5 Stars
Rating: 3.5 Stars
Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.
Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.
When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?
I'm gonna be the odd
In regards to the plot, this book suffered the middle book syndrome. There was development at the start and in the end. Which means 10% of this book actually dealt with the plot the other 90% was just dealing with the romance issues, not that it was badly done or anything, it was awesome, but still. I wanted my plot.
This was kind of a letdown for me. The big selling point of Sweet Evil was the unique take on the whole demons and angels thing with the Dukes and their Neph kids and unfortunately besides the new development at the start of this book we get nothing really new afterwards. I had been expecting something more, in line with Sweet Evil, and when I finally did get it it was the end of the damn book. I was not a happy camper.
On the other hand the romance here was scorching. I loved seeing them finally moving forward. And it wasn't just seeing Anna and Kaiden finally working out their problems it was the rest of the gang as well. We see all of their relationships. Ginger and Blake, Marna still hung up on Jay, and even Kope might be getting someone. I am so glad that Kope is getting his own partner, because I really didn't want him to suffer because of the almost love triangle.
There were so many great Kaiden and Anna moments once they finally did get to see each other, but at the end of the day, it was just that, and I wanted more. I wanted my epic romance with awesome plot line as I had gotten with Sweet Evil and I just didn't get that here, not fully. This series is still a must read, and I can't wait to see the conclusion to this great trilogy.
Other books in the series: