Sunday, March 16, 2014

Unraveling: Love Hacked by Penny Reid

Love Hacked by Penny Reid
Title: Love Hacked
Series: Knitting in the City Book Three
Author: Penny Reid
Publication Date: March 11, 2014

There are three things you need to know about Sandra Fielding:

1) She makes all her first dates cry,
2) She hasn't been kissed in over two years, and
3) She knows how to knit.

Sandra has difficulty removing her psychotherapist hat. Of her last 30 dates, 29 have ended the same way: the man sobbing uncontrollably. After one such disaster, Sandra--near desperation and maybe a little tipsy--gives in to a seemingly harmless encounter with her hot waiter, Alex. Argumentative, secretive, and hostile Alex may be the opposite of everything Sandra knows is right for her. But now, the girl who has spent all her life helping others change for the better, must find a way to cope with falling for someone who refuses to change at all.
  



***



My Thoughts




Another great addition to the Knitting in the City series by Ms. Reid with another hunky manlicious specimen.

In the first book, we have Quin the through and through alpha male. In the second book, we have Nico the Italian Stallion. He is a fun loving studmuffin. And now in this third installment we have Alex, broken computer nerd hunk. My favorite of the 3 so far has to be Nico, I just adore him. But Alex's sincerity, honesty and just raw feelings pulled me in. He actually kind of reminded me of another character from the book I just finished (If you are wondering it's Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson). They both have that whole honor thing going on for them, and they are both broken, but still whole, and I just love them both for it.


"I wanted this woman in every way, and I wanted to be the one to light her up, to make her burn. Like she made me burn."

Alex's story was a huge downer. To think that his story isn't even really out of the norm for so many kids out there, but I liked how Reid handled it here. Yes it was incredibly sad, and you feel for Alex, because you can't help but love the kid, and to know that he had to go through such ordeals so very early on in life was heartbreaking, but Reid didn't linger on this, didn't try to oversell it, and milk it for all the drama it was worth, and I so very much appreciated that.

I liked Sandra as well, but I'm with Alex when I say I don't like shrinks, and some of Sandra's interactions rubbed me the wrong way, but that's okay. I really liked how quirky she was, and her collection of t-shirts for all situations and I liked how she always tried to take everything that Alex's relationship brought to her.

I also liked that I got to learn some more about bitcoins. I've been hearing about them, and knew how they were mined and such, but hadn't really thought about it over much nor researched it and it's always nice to learn something new :)



"Being in love is a lot like being hacked. Depending on the hacker, non-essential or essential systems start to fail. Performance lowers in some areas and increases in others as CPU priorities are rerouted. Behavior is unpredictable and, essentially, influenced a great deal by the whims of the hacker."




So...

Would I Recommend it?



***


Other books in the Knitting in the City series:

No comments:

Post a Comment

^ Scroll to Top