Friday, March 8, 2013

Feature & Follow #9

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!


If you can't follow via GFC, then please follow via NetworkedBlogs or e-mail! :)



Q: What is a book you didn't like that all your friends raved about or what book did you love that wasn't popular?



Ooo this is a fun question! A book that I didn't like that almost all my friends and actually bloggers that I follow raved about was Pivot Point by Kasie West. I had such a hard time finishing this. I actually skipped most of the stuff between the middle and end. And I only got to the end to see if I was right, which I was :P I found this book incredibly boring and most people loved the characters/was fascinated by it. I just didn't get it.

I'll answer the second question too xD There are 2 books which have made it to my favorites (which is really hard to do btw) and aren't that popular at all. Those are And All The Stars by Andrea K. Höst and The Awakening of Ren Crown by Anne Zoelle.







So what book haven't you liked that all your friends raved about?



20 comments:

  1. I really want to read Pivot Point, but I have been noticing mixed reviews. I hope to fall on the love it side of the spectrum!

    I hadn't heard of the other two, but I like the cover of And All the Stars.

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those covers look awesome. I haven't heard of any of these, and Honestly my TBR pile is so huge, I'm still reading a series I started myself. LOL then maybe I'll get to books others have recommended.

    New follower.

    ~Summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know what you mean. My pile is ginormous xD

      Delete
  3. Hopping through. I've heard great things about Pivot Point but haven't read it yet. I wonder what I'd think of it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of those, but I'll definitely have to check them out! Great answer :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh oh - I was thisclose to picking up Pivot Point last night. Lucky thing I didnt I guess haha.

    New follower via GFC! :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you should still give it a try, you might end up liking it.

      Delete
  6. Just hopping by. I haven't heard much about Pivot Point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of those! But everyone was raving about Pivot Point. Wasn't really my type of book.

    New GFC follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read Pivot Point, because I love the concept. I haven't heard of The awakening of Ren Crown before, but I will check it out on Goodreads. Thanks for sharing!

    FF - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I picked it up. The concept sounded really interesting, but that was the problem. They don't expand much on the power. It read more like a typical high school type of book with kids with superpowers, which in my opinion wasn't even that great anyway, but then again you might like it.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my FF! I am now following you via GFC and Twitter. I haven't read any of those yet.

    Chelsea @ Starbucks & Books Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  10. All lovely covers! But too bad Pivot Point wasn't a hit with you! But all opinions differ of course :)

    Thanks for sharing and I'm also now following you :)

    Florentine @ Readiculously Peachy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Pivot Point yet. The Awakening's cover is really awesome. Might have to check that out!

    Old Follower

    My FF

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have Pivot Point in my TBR list. blurb was not that interesting, though.


    New GFC follower here:
    my FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower here!

    I've never actually read any of those guys... I think I'm missing out on some of the newer releases.

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-and-follow-friday-139.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm, guess I am with the crowd on Pivot Point, I really liked it! I haven't heard of the other books, but the covers are pretty! I'll look them up on Goodreads right after this!

    New Follower!
    Emily @ Counting in Bookcases

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've not read any of these :)
    I'm a new GFC follower, here's my FF at Rookie Romance

    ReplyDelete

^ Scroll to Top