Thursday, March 28, 2013

Review: Undone by Elizabeth Norris

Title: Undone
Series: Unraveling #1.5
Publication Date: March 5, 2013
Rating: 4 Stars

Before the accident. Before their universes collided. Before they fell in love.

Riveting and romantic, Undone: An Unraveling Novella contains three short stories set in the world of Unraveling, the first book in the gripping sci-fi duology by Elizabeth Norris.

Before Ben Michaels saved Janelle Tenner’s life, Janelle saved Ben when he stumbled through an interuniverse portal into a completely new world. That day, he fell in love with the girl of his dreams. And he never forgot her.

Through three stories told from Ben’s point of view, learn how Ben and his friends discovered their ability to travel between worlds, how Ben first met Janelle, and how he pined for her for years before he actually got the chance to meet her, save her life, and capture her heart. And find out what happens to Ben between the cliff-hanger conclusion to Unraveling and the beginning of its heart-stopping sequel, Unbreakable.




***




My Thoughts


I usually end up giving novellas 2, max 3 stars, because most of them are just too short for anything else. The stories, which are nice, are still nothing to write home about, but this one was definitely an exception!

The first 2 stories where a bit weird and honestly Ben was coming off as a major Stalker with a capital S and the way it was written was kinda stilted. They were very short sentences. It kept throwing me off. I didn't like it. Get it? Anyway, as it went on, the sentences got to a more normal length and I started understanding Ben more. So even though I wasn't 100% convinced, I could at least tell where he was coming from (which I guess was what the novella was trying to accomplish). 

Now, the last story and the sneak peak of book 2 left me completely unsatisfied and wanting soo much more! Damn cliffhangers!!! Finally learning about the other universe(s) and what happened in it and to Elijah, Reid, and Ben's families, and then the weeks after arriving there. We also get a more indepth look of how they used to live, what their families were like and how it had all changed when the 3 boys had disappeared. It even got me to start liking Elijah, cause I was never really a fan of his. With this novella I was not only given a refresher of the events that had happened in Unraveling, but also got the bridge that will unite the events of Unraveling with Unbreakable, which as I said before I'm totally looking forward to!


***

Other books in the series:
  1. Unraveling (April 24, 2012)
  2. Unbreakable (Coming April 23, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

^ Scroll to Top