Monday, March 25, 2013

Book Tour: The Demon Child by Anila Hoxha



Title: The Demon Child
Series: The Cursed Necklace Series #1
Author: Anila Hoxha
Publication Date: February 17, 2013
Rating: DNF


After her mysterious disappearance, everyone thought that the six years old, Anne Marie Bordoleau, was one of the victims of the “animal” attacks that were terrorizing New Orleans. Only her big sister, Rose, thought otherwise, because of the terrible visions she had at night where Anne called her for help. Looking for Anne does not prove to be easy. There are secrets revealed, ancient prophecies, and legends. It’s a dark world, where even angels can fall.

How can Rose save her sister from the evil, if her sister is the evil itself?



My Thoughts


It pains me to say that I could not finish this book. It's actually pretty short, but even so, I just couldn't. The premise in and of itself is actually really interesting  it's what made me participate in the book tour. Unfortunately I just couldn't get into it. At all.

First there was the writing itself. It was way too much telling and not enough showing at all. The sentences were short which gave the book like no flow at all. It was just one thing after the other. Example:

"As Rose entered her house, her mind was exploding. She was thinking about Anne, the necklace, Billy. She entered in the car and started driving silently. Billy looked lost in his thoughts. Rose knew that he was worried about Anne. Noticing him nervously fidgeting, Rose had the impression that Billy knew something."

The dailouge would feel childish and cliche'd at time while too mature when the 6 six year old was talking. Just on the prologue I could tell it wasn't going to be easy to finish. I was already rolling my eyes, which meant that I wasn't invested in the story at all even though there was someone dying already.

So even though it had a solid and unique idea, I just couldn't deal with the way it was executed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

^ Scroll to Top