Monday, February 18, 2013

Review: Mind Games by Kiersten White

Title: Mind Games
Series: Mind Games #1
Author: Kiersten White
Publishing Date: February 19, 2013
Rating: 4 Stars
Amazon - Goodreads - Shelfari


Book Blurb


Fia was born with flawless instincts. Her first impulse, her gut feeling, is always exactly right. Her sister, Annie, is blind to the world around her—except when her mind is gripped by strange visions of the future. 


Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage, Annie and Fia are forced to choose over and over between using their abilities in twisted, unthinkable ways… or risking each other’s lives by refusing to obey.



In a stunning departure from her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy, Kiersten White delivers a slick, edgy, heart stoppingly intense psychological thriller about two sisters determined to protect each other—no matter the cost.


My Thoughts


This book was actually kinda surprising. I wasn't expecting it to be so dark. This book was more about the sister's relationship than the whole psychic thing. That's not to say the psychic part was bad or anything. It was well done and I hope to see more development on that front, but the real selling point was the dynamic between the sisters. 

I usually don't like when authors decide to go back and forth in time, plus in this case she was also switching points of views between the two sisters, but in this case it really worked. You get to see the key point events that happened to the sisters to get them to where they are now. I really liked how they evolved and that ending was priceless. 

The actual plot wasn't too amazing, but it was still interesting enough. I would really like to see more of Adam's research and where that goes, and that vision Annie had close to the end. I'd like to see what they discover about Fia from Adam's research. I also think Annie will play a bigger role in the next book. 

What I wasn't too keen about was this repetition thing that was going on when Fia was narrating. I mean I get the symbolism but it started to get on my nerves by the end. Also, Fia's weird relationship with James. She quite literally has no excuse, she knows it's wrong but there she goes right ahead. I really hope something is done that will make it easier to swallow, cause as it stands, I don't care why James is there, Fia's choices is what I'm afraid of.

This will be a squeal I'll be anxiously expecting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

^ Scroll to Top