Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Review: Breathing Fire (Heretic Daughters #1) by Rebecca K. Lilley

Title: Breathing Fire
Series: Heretic Daughters Book 1
Author: Rebecca K. Lilley
Release Date: October 10, 2012
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Amazon  Goodreads  Shelfari


Book Blurb


Sometimes a head start has a price...

Jillian and her sister have been on the run for longer than either will ever admit to (a lady never tells her age) but sometimes even the most dedicated fugitives have to stop running, and start fighting.


I was already having the day from hell when two angry druids stormed into my shop. Druids in my shop was bad. Very bad. Their presence in my place of business was a disaster no matter how you looked at it, but the fact that I knew these two druids in particular was an outright catastrophe. The fact that they happened to hate my guts certainly wasn't going to help matters, though it was hardly surprising. 


Even druids who didn't know me cursed at the sound of my name...


Review



Picked this one up expecting a nice urban fantasy with druids and witches and the like. I was however NOT expecting a book about dragon shifters and how much they kickass. Although I probably should have, I mean the title is BREATHING FIRE, right? Should have told me something right there.

I loved every single aspect of this book except for the romance/sex. The characters are great. The relationship between Jillian and Christian is hilarious and heartwarming. Caleb's character reminded me of Edward from the Anita Blake series, which I totally loved, and on top of being in love with all things weapon and being a sociopath, he is also a mimic, bad-ass! Actually all the characters were bad-asses. Lynn with her following of emo/punk kids was just as great and she could kick ass when she had to.

As I said my only problem with the book was the romance and the romantic interest, he was a bit too he-man and alpha male for my liking and they couldn't keep their clothes on for any period of time whenever they were in the same room. It was tolerable enough that it didn't retract too much from the whole. Although I'm sure most women out there reading this one will actually like the guy.

This book will keep you on your toes, whether it be from the gritty, action, to the laughs, to the heart wrenching sadness, you won't be able to stop reading. I recommend this one to anyone who is looking for a real kick-ass dragon shifter with a penchant for axes of the blood-thirsty variety (literally)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

^ Scroll to Top