Saturday, December 15, 2012

Review: A Girl's Guide to Demon Hunting by Emily Miles

Title: A Girl's Guide to Demon Hunting
Series: Book 1
Author: Emily Miles
Release Date: September 25, 2012
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Amazon - Goodreads - Shelfari


Book Blurb  


I live my life by five simple rules: 

1. Keep my friends safe.
2. Don't let my Hell Hound-Boston terrier mix eat humans.
3. Don't anger the Demon Lords.
4. Eat more chocolate.
5. Don't die. 

Thanks to Max, I've been having a hard time following my own rules. While Max is exactly the kind of Guardian I should want at my side when fighting Demons, there's one thing I can't forget. No matter how much I want to, I can't trust him.

My Thoughts



I picked this one up thinking it was going to be a short funny read on demons. What I got was so much more. It still had it's funny moments. Allie was a great MC, I wish more MCs were like her, she could kickass, take it like a champ and was still compassionate and caring, and most of all she was SMART. She made plans and got things done. Not that they usually went to the crappers because of unseen circumstances, but she always had a Plan B. She did have a bit of an anger issue, but it's not like they were merited. 

I liked the dynamics between the group, I even liked the bit of romance that was going on. Definitely enjoyed the action scenes, which there were quite a few of, with Allie's snide commentary going on.

Even though this book deals with demons, which means it should come with angels, it wasn't really mentioned except for the start and that was it. Speaking of which, I still don't get the importance of the Prologue or the Epilogue for that matter. All I know is, there are some twists to come and some serious crap going down in the books to come. Needless to say I will be definitely be following this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

^ Scroll to Top