Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WWW - Wednesday Jan. 30


WWW Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?


My answers...



What are you currently reading?




The Last Keeper's Daughter by Rebecca Trogner. This is part of a book tour I'll be taking part in, but that's not going to happen for another couple of months, but this really intrigued me so I'm just going to read it now :P


What did you recently finish reading?




Slated (Slated #1) by Teri Terry. This book has so much potential and I'm expecting a mind-blowing sequel. (Review)



The Twelfth Keeper (Keepers #1) by Belle Malory. This is another one where I'm expecting more out of the sequel. This book was really just a set up for the plot, which there wasn't much of in this one. (Review)



Ever After (The Hollows #11) by Kim Harrison. Sigh...This was an awesome read. Best Hollows book so far. There was a lot of Trent and I am more than happy about that =D (Review to come)



Big Bad Bite (Big Bad Bite #1) by Jessie Lane. Let me just say that this book right here is the reason why I don't read shifter books anymore. Shame cause it had an amazing MC. (Review)


Novellas




Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves story by Ally Carter. I love Gallagher Girls and I enjoyed Heist Society (Read: I loved Hale) So reading a story where their worlds crashed was awesome, it was done seamlessly. If you love Ally Carter's books or want an intro into their world this would be the perfect opportunity, it's a FREE novella!



Mourning Cloak by Rabia Gale. The world in this book was way too complicated for it to just be a novella. I was so lost most of the time, till I basically just gave up and ignored the strange names. But at least I understood the point of the story so there is that.

The Fire Wall (Bloomfire #1) by Dane Ruby. In the case of this novella, I still don't get what was the point of it. I don't get their world, their rules and the author kept pointing out that the MC was brave, stood up for herself, but honestly instead of stumbling into things this chick just ran straight into them and then didn't know what to do.


What do you think you’ll read next?




Crimson Groves (Crimson #1) by Ashley Robertson. Been wanting to read this one for a while and I'm in the mood for bloody vampires.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You made it through a lot of books this week! I am impressed. =)

    I read the Double Crossed novella last week and I loved the combining of worlds. I hope that Carter does it again in the future.

    My WWW Wednesday is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, and for some reason it felt like a slow week to me xD

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of books! And interesting covers. :-)

    Here's my WWW Wednesdays post this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have a close-up theme going on haha.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

^ Scroll to Top