Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Review: The Silken Cord by Leigh Bale

Title: The Silken Cord
Author: Leigh Bale
Publishing Date: January 4, 2013
Rating: 3.5 Stars
Amazon - Goodreads - Shelfari

Book Blurb


Convicted of treason, Wulfgar, Earl of Glyndwr, was once a favored Norman knight of King William the Conqueror. Sold into slavery for his crimes, Wulfgar is determined to have his honor restored and vows revenge on those who conspired for his downfall. But once Wulfgar belongs to Ariana, he finds there is nothing he will not do to protect her. She holds his heart in her hands and this silken cord is stronger than any chains.


Once his betrothed, Princess Ariana of Wales has come to the slave auction to buy Wulfgar, a man she believes betrayed his king. Only Wulfgar knows how to free her young brother from the cruel ruler who has taken Wulfgar's place at Castle Cynan. But she is unprepared for the darkly handsome warrior who kindles a passion within her that threatens the lives of her people and her own soul.


My Thoughts



This was such a nice book. Had a lot of fun reading it. Loved the action. My problem was with the romance. It was just a bit too insta-love for my liking. I know they had some history but in my opinion, not enough to warrant such fast declaration of feelings.

Even though everything was resolved perfectly, it fit the story just fine, so I didn't mind. I liked both Wulfgar and Ariana. She knew what she wanted and what had to be done to get it done, and she sees it through. She may not have the physical strength to fight but she was touch were it counted.

I really liked Wulfgar. Even though it's the medieval age, he doesn't act like a total ass at all. He is all about honor and fairness, even when it came to Ariana. He didn't treat her like a simpering idiot just for being a girl nor because he loved her. 

Unlike Jenkins! Since he was introduced I didn't like the guy, and the way he treated her grated on my last nerve. I'm kinda glad he died when he did. Not that he was entirely bad, but he really needed to go.

As I mentioned before I really liked the action in this one. There was always some kind of battle or fight going on. My favorite one was while Wulfgar was chained, did some beautiful acrobatics to kick Edwin's ass. Loved it! xD

Since this is a medieval romance I just can't give it a higher rating cause the I just couldn't agree with how it developed, nonetheless it's a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

^ Scroll to Top