Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays - The Beginning of the End


I've finally decided to join up and start participating in this wonderful meme, Top Ten Tuesdays hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week the topic is Beginnings and Endings.


Beginnings


  1. The Weight of Souls - Bryony Pearce: "Dead men take me to the nicest places." Caught my attention immediately.
  2. The Awakening of Ren Crown - Anne Zoelle: "I would do anything for my brother". And oh boy, she wasn't lying!
  3. Eona - Alison Goodman: "A wise man once wrote: "In war, truth is the first causality." It was one hell of a war. The world building in this duology is amazing.
  4. The Fury - Alexander Gordon Smith: "Thump-thump...Thump-thump...Thump-thump..." And that was just the prologue. This book was intense!

Endings


  1. Dreamfever - K. M. M: "Now I'd lost everything." I think everyone who has read this series knows what I'm talking about. The last two books were brutal!
  2. Deep in the Count - Madison Parker: This was a really short story, but it ends with an encoded message, which obviously meant I just had to take another 10mins to figure out what it said xD
  3. Mistborn - Brandon Sanderson: This whole trilogy kept having such poignant endings. I loved them all.
  4. Fade - Sonny & Ais: This was the best appropriate ending to this series. The open ending fit perfectly.
  5. And All The Stars - Andrea K. Host: "Beneath the name, three words: ONE FOR ALL." This whole book was amazing, but the ending was specially bittersweet.
  6. Stormdancer - Jay Kristoff: "And into the poisoned air, she raised her fist."Gotta love a solid start to a revolution.

4 comments:

  1. Dreamfever. OH. YES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know people who had to wait a year for Shadowfever did it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha - I love The Weight of Souls quote! Unfortunately I've not read any of these novels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, As soon as I read it I knew I would like the book :)

    ReplyDelete

^ Scroll to Top