Series: Everneath Book Three
Author: Brodi Ashton
Publication Date: January 21, 2014
Now that Nikki has rescued Jack, all she wants is to be with him and graduate high school. But Cole tricked Nikki into feeding off him, and she’s begun the process of turning into an Everliving herself... which means she must feed on a Forfeit soon — or die.
Terrified for her survival, Nikki and Jack begin a desperate attempt to reverse the process using any means possible. Even Cole, who they expected to fight them at every turn, has become an unlikely ally — but how long can it last? Nikki needs to feed on Cole to survive, Cole needs Nikki to gain the throne in the Everneath, Jack needs Nikki because she is everything to him — and together, they must travel back to the Underworld to undo Nikki’s fate and make her mortal once more. But Cole isn’t the only one with plans for Nikki: the Queen has not forgotten Nikki’s treachery, and she wants her destroyed for good. Will Nikki be forced to spend eternity in the Underworld, or does she have what it takes to bring down the Everneath once and for all?
Warning: Rant up ahead
1. Nikki is the stupidest MC I have ever had the displeasure of coming across. And the most selfish. (view spoiler)
2. Ashton did a cop out with Cole in every single way. Way to ruin such an excellent character. (view spoiler)
3. Can someone please kill Jack. He is the definition of 'roid rage + dumb jock. All two of his brain cells are too busy getting angry at the drop of a hat to form any kind of worthwhile thought. Even Cole, changed as he was, was still 10x smarter than Jack any day. I just can not stand him.
4. The amount of lovey dovey crap between Nikki and Jack was vomit inducing. It was one of the worst depictions of love I have read about in the YA genre (I'm sure there are probably worst, but I haven't read them). It was such an unhealthy obsession. Cole isn't that much better, but he wasn't quite as bad as those two. It was just sick to watch.(view spoiler)
5. The sheer amount of stupidity in this book was so astounding I'm speechless.
That is all.
Would I Recommend it?